Book recommendation

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:09:32 PDT 2013

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:05:43 -0700, alex <alessino at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 14 October 2013 at 21:02:29 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>>
>> Go with Andrei's book. It's more relevant to D today.
>
> Thanks for the prompt response Adam.
>
> How come its more relevant? If my scarce D knowledge does not mislead me
> Tango is the more recent library anyhow. So I'd assume the latter should
> be up-to-date as well, shouldnt it?
>
> cheers

That is actually incorrect. Tango was a replacement for the Phobos
Standard Library in D1 to expand on the thin capabilities of the library
at the time. In D2 (current D implementation) Phobos is now the default
standard library and includes most of the functionality of Tango. Ergo,
TDPL (Andrei's Book) is the current Gold Standard D book.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender