Book recommendation

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Oct 14 14:32:47 PDT 2013

> On Monday, 14 October 2013 at 21:09:32 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>>
>> That is actually incorrect. Tango was a replacement for the
>> Phobos Standard Library in D1 to expand on the thin
>> capabilities of the library at the time. In D2 (current D
>> implementation) Phobos is now the default standard library and
>> includes most of the functionality of Tango. Ergo, TDPL
>> (Andrei's Book) is the current Gold Standard D book.
>
> So Tango replaced Phobos, just to be replaced by Phobos later?
>
> What are/were the fundamental differences? Why two libraries?
> This admittedly kind of confused me :-D

Shotly: forget about Tango. It exists as an additional useful
library right now for those who really need it. While your are a
newbie you should not care about its existence at all. There was
some bad history years ago but right now Phobos is standard
library both de-facto and de-jure.

Unfortunately, the Internet is still full of outdated crap from
D1 times.