Early review of std.logger

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 15 00:44:44 PDT 2013

On Monday, 14 October 2013 at 12:48:14 UTC, Martin Drasar wrote:
> 1) MultiLogger class that takes references to other loggers and
> just
> forwards the call to the log function.

+1
Also, we should support a few loggers whith same type. For
example, I can use 2 file loggers: the 1-st only for debug
messages and the 2-nd for all other messages. It can help for
message sorting.

Also, we should support a reserve loggers. For example, I can use
a file logger as a default and a syslog as a reserve logger (it
will be used if the file logger fails). It increases logger
reliability.

Also, it will be perfect to have logger failed notifications. For
example, the file logger failed can indicate that we haven't got
free disc space, a file system problems or hard disk problems.
So, we should inform admin about this problems. We can do it via
stderr (for local computer only), via syslog network logger or
via e-mail logger.