Fastest way to learn D?

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 11:29:20 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 15 October 2013 at 18:13:46 UTC, ProgrammingGhost
wrote:
> What is the fastest way for me to learn D? I think what I want
> is a syntax reference manual and a good tutorial to learn how
> to find and use libs.

The best way to learn D is to start by reading the API and code
examples in the online Phobos documentation :o)   (Inside joke
for Johnathan Davis, I wouldn't actually recommend that).

Actually, you might start with Ali's book.

http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

One you start that order a copy of Andrei's book:

http://erdani.com/index.php/books/tdpl/

which will hopefully arrive in the mail about the time you are
done with Ali's book.

The is also an under construction tutorial:

http://beza1e1.tuxen.de/d-tut-0.1/index.html

which looks promising, but is far from complete.

Finally, D.learn is a great place to ask newbie questions.  Very
helpful.

http://forum.dlang.org/group/digitalmars.D.learn

Best of luck.