Eloquently sums up my feelings about the disadvantages of dynamic typing

brad clawsie brad at b7j0c.org
Tue Oct 15 16:53:05 PDT 2013

an excellent post, thanks for linking it Walter

the relative weakness of dynamic-typed tools is compounded by the
fact that they tend to be used to build monolithic applications,
typical of what might emerge from rails, php etc. you take the
whole ball of mud or nothing. with no types to define the "rules
of engagement", management of the interior of the application
becomes lore-oriented...i.e. application lifetime job security
for the original developer.

but its also important to put dynamic tools in their proper
context. in the mid-90s they vastly accelerated many industrial
coding chores. they had their time, but I believe that time is
over.