draft proposal for ref counting in D

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Wed Oct 16 11:54:35 PDT 2013

Am 14.10.2013 22:59, schrieb Paulo Pinto:

> Well, if real time concurrent GC for Java systems is good enough for
> systems that control militar missile systems, maybe it is good enough
> for real-time audio as well.
>
> --
> Paulo

The problem is not that there are no GCs around in other languages which
satisfy certain requirements. The problem is actually implementing them
in D. I suggest that you read "The Garbage Collection Handbook" which
explains this in deep detail. I'm currently reading it, and I might
write an article about the entire D GC issue once I'm done with it.