Eloquently sums up my feelings about the disadvantages of dynamic typing

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Thu Oct 17 06:26:41 PDT 2013

+1

What can I say? For the web I have to use JavaScript, PHP and
Python. Imagine the amount of stupid-yet-hard-to-find bugs I've
had to deal with. Bugs that you only become aware of at runtime.

Am much happier with D (or Java, Objective-C). As for the
arguments concerning compile time, extra typing for typing,
c'mon, they must be kidding.

Not to mention increased execution speed, not only in terms of
script vs. binary, but also in terms of known type vs.
dynamically assigned type.

Another issue I've come across is that languages like JS and PHP
lend themselves to quick and dirty stuff, or rather seduce
programmers to quick and dirty solutions. Languages like D guide
you towards cleaner and better structured code.