Safe mode in D?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Oct 18 10:31:55 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 07:25:03PM +0200, Dicebot wrote:
> On Friday, 18 October 2013 at 17:19:17 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> >On Friday, 18 October 2013 at 17:06:57 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >>But if we're gonna do it, I say we should go all the way:
> >
> >And make scope the default parameter thingy, and implement it.
> >
> >God I want some kind of escaping check thing so badly, it is
> >supposed to work already!
>
> Yeah it is astonishing how many holes in type system implementing
> that single small thing can fix. I wish it never was in
> documentation, that way I would not have bothered me that much at
> least :)

So what's the hold up? Just the lack of manpower to actually implement
it?

I wish there were a time store I could buy more spare time from so that
I could actually work on D stuff on top of all the other stuff I'm busy
with...

Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. -- Brian W. Kernighan