Safe mode in D?

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sat Oct 19 00:20:51 PDT 2013

On Friday, 18 October 2013 at 22:29:45 UTC, Max Samukha wrote:
> On Friday, 18 October 2013 at 20:03:22 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
>
>> (By the way, I don't see why the code above provoked you to C#
>> talks).
>
> Because you:
>
> 1) Mentioned C# as a safer alternative to D.

So, what? If I happen in some another context to mention COBOL,
would you bother to remember this and show some piece of COBOL
code which is supposedly unsafe or avoids some formal
limititation? OK.

> 2) Are using reflection to demonstrate D's unsafety.

Actually aggregate name of collection was "(collection of memory
errors, type  system breakages and other cases to shoot your foot
provided by bugzilla issues, me and other people)". It doesn't
mean that each example shows memory error bug. Obviously this
case doesn't show unsafity, it shows that the limitation imposed
on the language is arbitrary and groundless.