Should we distribute a Dutmite binary in the zipped package?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 01:17:33 PDT 2013

On 10/21/13, Wyatt <wyatt.epp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 October 2013 at 12:16:14 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>>
>> ...it's strange how many people don't even know it exists...
>
> No it isn't.

What isn't? I'm just reporting on user experience here.

> Look a this page:
> http://dlang.org/download.html

Right, it would have to be added there as well.

> Now, look at all the pages under "Compilers & Tools" here:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/The_D_Programming_Language

It's listed here:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Community:Open_Source_Projects

> People don't know about things that aren't documented.  Full stop.

Not really a full stop, Dustmite has been incorporated into our tools
repository (https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools), which is
also the home of RDMD.

Adding it to the zip, linking it on the website, and mentioning it in
the changelog could give a boost to its usage, and it really is a
super-useful tool for reducing regressions. There were over 97
regressions fixed in the latest release.