D Programming Language book - outdated, list of changes since?

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Wed Oct 23 10:38:26 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 23 October 2013 at 11:59:19 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 October 2013 at 11:51:22 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
>> And before UFCS..?
>
> AFAIR it mentions only partial UFCS, for built-in stuff

It calls them "pseudo members"* and only spends a couple
paragraphs on them.  It talks about them in the context of
needing to add members to built-in types (an array example is
given) but doesn't say they only work for built-in types.  It's
surprisingly little coverage for a feature that has become highly
used since it was finally fully implemented not long ago.

* I actually like the name "pseudo members" much better than
UFCS.  (Uniform/Unified/Universal) Function Call Syntax doesn't
really tell you anything about what is going on and the fact that
it's almost always referred to by initialism just obfuscates what
it is further and lead to the state we are in where people keep
using different words for the 'U'.