[dox] What should we do with dsource?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 22:13:53 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 23 October 2013 at 05:21:19 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> My thinking of what this should entail:
>
> 1) take over the dsource.org domain and point it to a new server
> 2) the new site should provide free forums just as the current
> one does, but nothing more.
> 3) existing projects still using the forums at the current site
> should be migrated.
> 4) existing projects still actively maintaining a subversion
> repository at the current site should be encouraged to move to
> another scc hosting solution of their choice (github,
> bitbucket, whatever).
> 5) the new site should maintain a searchable registry of all
> known open source D projects (just a link and a blurb),
> regardless of whether or not the project uses the forum.

While these might all be good things to do, it's just too much
for me to take on with the experience I have with hosting a
site/server. Besides, if we want to go this route it would be
something to setup and test leaving just pointing dsource.org to
the new server.

I'd rather start with more permissions to update the homepage.