D Programming Language book - outdated, list of changes since?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Oct 24 11:14:42 PDT 2013

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 15:40:28 Russel Winder wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 20:48 +0200, Kapps wrote:
> […]
>
> > At the time the book was made, it did only work on arrays which
> > probably explains the minimal coverage and array example.
>
> Which strongly suggests a 2nd edition is in order.

Because of one feature? That seems like overkill. I'm sure that there will be
another edition eventually, but Andrei has made it clear that he doesn't think
that one is currently necessary and that it'll be awhile before we get
another. At most, I'd expect a second printing which fixed the various errata,
and AFAIK, not even something that is in the works as of yet.

- Jonathan M Davis