std.allocator ready for some abuse

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Oct 24 23:55:20 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-24 21:54, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I know it's been a long wait. Hopefully it was worth it. The alpha
> release of untyped allocators is ready for tire-kicking and a test drive.
>
> Code: https://github.com/andralex/phobos/blob/allocator/std/allocator.d
>
> Dox: http://erdani.com/d/phobos-prerelease/std_allocator.html

As someone else mentioned. Shouldn't this possibly be place in druntime
instead. It might take advantage of some allocator where it cannot use
the GC.

I think we can come up with better names for "it" and "goodAllocSize".

Typo:

In the table, the description of goodAllocSize:

"This module defines a default mplementation"

Missing an "i" in "implementation".

--
/Jacob Carlborg