std.allocator ready for some abuse

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Oct 26 09:01:13 PDT 2013

On 25/10/13 20:41, Namespace wrote:
> Did you mean to get rid of built-in arrays / kill int[] and replace it with
> Array!T?

Array!T is problematic as things stand -- e.g. you can't foreach over one.  So,
forgetting syntax preferences, there needs to be some work on containers before
they can "just work" like the builtins.

If it's possible, I'd rather see the converse -- that code that assumes the GC
will "just work" with other allocation strategies, so one can use the builtins
without worrying.  But am I being naively hopeful in seeking that? :-)