Heads up, g++ in Xcode 5 points to Clang

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Oct 28 01:40:54 PDT 2013

On Monday, 28 October 2013 at 08:02:45 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> No, I don't see any advantage. Although I don't like that Apple
> silently changes what gcc/g++ is.

They are trying to phase out GCC altogether, as they are stuck
with an ancient version due to licensing issues (GPLv3).

The Clang driver was specifically engineered to be a drop-in
replacement for GCC, so given that many Makefiles are hard-coded
to use "gcc" or "g++", I think what they are doing makes sense.

David