Heads up, g++ in Xcode 5 points to Clang

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Oct 28 11:38:09 PDT 2013

On 28/10/13 18:48, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>  From what I've heard and read (mostly from WWDC videos) Apple doesn't feel they
> can technically do what they want with a compiler with GCC.
>
> I guess they technically can but it's too much work with the GCC code base.

It certainly seems to be true that LLVM is moving faster innovation-wise.  I
don't know how much of that is down to any architectural advantages, how much
might be because they support less targets and so have a lower maintenance
burden, and how much of it is just the scale of resources being put into it.