Heads up, g++ in Xcode 5 points to Clang

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Oct 28 14:09:35 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-28 20:02, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> I don't see it that way.  Up until now at least I haven't seen
> anything they do that wasn't already do-able in GCC.  They just do a
> better job at PR (which is what you expect from Apple anyway).

I didn't say it wasn't doable. I can't say for sure since I haven't
looked at the GCC code base and only looked briefly at the LLVM code
base. But according to Apple it would be too much work to implement the
features they wanted.

Also, Apple uses libclang in Xcode, that is, the dynamic library. They
can't do that with GCC from a license perspective?

--
/Jacob Carlborg