DMD 2.064 changelog typo?

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 02:14:28 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 at 23:39:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I'm okay with either choice, just not both. There's precedent
> in other languages for stripLeft and stripRight, but
> stripFront/Back are closer to D's terminology. I have a very
> mild preference for the latter.

Funny you should say that, because my first reflex was to google
search "stripLeft" to see if there was a precedent for it, and
found nothing outside of dlang.

Who else uses "stripLeft" in their standard library?

I vote to change the names to stripFront/stripBack, and make
deprecated aliases of stripLeft/stripRight in std.string.