Everyone who writes safety critical software should read this

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 06:03:11 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 03:27:23 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> Wow. No bug tracker?? That's just insane. How do they keep
> track of anything??

That describes my day job.  To answer: we kind of...don't. ¬_¬
I'm in legacy maintenance too, so the lack of documentation of
even known issues is incredibly frustrating.  I'm trying to
change that, but there's a lot of inertia from the people who've
been around for 20+ years.

Forget testing; just figuring out the maintainer for a tree is an
adventure.

-Wyatt