Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 07:02:39 PDT 2013

On 1 September 2013 18:51, Benjamin Thaut <code at benjamin-thaut.de> wrote:

> Am 01.09.2013 10:49, schrieb Walter Bright:
>
>  On 9/1/2013 1:06 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>>
>>> Also if you are using Visual Studio 2012, you need to change the
>>> debugging
>>> engine because the new one can't deal with D code that has C++
>>> debugging info.
>>>

>> This endless merry-go-round of MSC breaking the tools constantly is why
>> I went with my own toolset years ago.
>>

> Still the visual studio debugger has the best debugging experience you can
> currently get for D.

True, which is perhaps a little bit tragic. It's a good start, but lots of
things just don't work right yet.
May I re-iterate my point about the community claiming and supporting the
IDE and debugger integration as a first class language feature with bugs in
the main tracker...

I know Walter does care about the DMD-Win64 debuginfo quality, but I don't
think the debuginfo output is capable of addressing all the problems alone.