Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Volcz volcz at kth.se
Sun Sep 1 10:01:20 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 1 September 2013 at 02:05:51 UTC, Manu wrote:
> </endrant>

Completely agree with Manu! I work in the Java + telecom world of
programming and recently graduated, so that's the majority of my
experience. From what I've seen and experienced is that most
today programmers can't live without an IDE and a rock solid tool
chain.

I've seen many solutions posted in this thread to parts of the
problems, eg auto complete, debugging etc.
The thing with an IDE is that it has "JUST WORK" it should work
with all the different components seamlessly.
The question I would like to ask is how can WE as a COMMUNITY
improve this situation?
Official IDE support?
Official "IDE components"?
Roadmap?

Other languages like Java have corporate backing. What difference
makes this? Why doesn't we have a roadmap? How does other open
source communities work and what can we learn from them?

Sorry for the un-structure of my post.