Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Sep 1 10:43:35 PDT 2013

As a followup,

When I installed VS2010, it created a shortcut on my desktop labelled "Visual
Studio x64 Win64 ...". Clicking on that opened a command line window.

In that window, I could compile and run VC programs from the command prompt
using CL, LINK, etc.

In that window, if I typed:

SET

at the prompt, it showed the environment variables set, which included:

VCINSTALLDIR - where VC was installed
WindowsSdkDir - where the SDK was installed

This is all dmd needs in order to use VS2010.

However, I didn't want to have to click on that shortcut just to use -m64, so I
merely copied the values VCINSTALLDIR and WindowsSdkDir into my own personal
sc.ini, and then dmd -m64 worked fine.