Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 11:01:27 PDT 2013

01-Sep-2013 21:24, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 9/1/2013 2:25 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> To get it to work with say VS11 I had to kill VCINSTALLDIR &
>> WindowsSDKDir and
>> set LIB/LINKCMD paths by hand in Environement64.
>> Whatever magic setup code there is for VS10/WinSDK7 it doesn't work with
>> VC11/WinSDK8.
>
> What environment variables did VS11 set?

(You can try downlaoding express editions as they are free)

The only one I see is
VS110COMNTOOLS
that was defined to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\Tools\

What currently works for me is:
[Environment64]
PATH=C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Microsoft Visual Studio
11.0"\Common7\IDE;%PATH%
LIB=C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Windows
Kits"\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64;C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Microsoft Visual
Studio 11.0"\VC\lib\amd64;"%@P%\..\lib"
WindowsSdkDir=
LINKCMD64=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
11.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe

There are 2 distinct things - libraries are ound in Platform SDK (or
rather WindowsSDK these days) and version 8 differs from 7. You can
download and install it (any version) - it's a free download.
Compiler/linkers are installed to VisualStudio and are dealt with
separately.

I still have this error when trying to comompile with debug info:

LINK : fatal error LNK1101: incorrect MSPDB110.DLL version; recheck
installation of this product

No idea whose fault is it (DMD vs MS linker vs something in my paths/env).

+ I have to redefine everything in order to compile phobos/druntime as
these are hardcoded to VS10 (again !) thus I don't usually test/build
x64 Phobos. It's far less hassle for me to keep around x64 Linux virtual
box for testing.

--
Dmitry Olshansky