Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 1 11:19:34 PDT 2013

On 1 September 2013 19:01, Peter Alexander <peter.alexander.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for sharing this experience Manu, I had no idea there were so many
> issues with D on windows. I primarily use OSX without problems, but have
> also used it on windows for small projects, but I haven't experienced the
> issues you describe.
>
> Can I just say to some of the others in this thread: comments along the
> lines of "use vim" or "use a free os" are not helpful. These are legitimate
> users and their issues are legitimate also, whether you agree with their
> choice of environment or not.

They were also my silly answers, and I say them because I spent a week
sharing a room with Manu.  (So he should by now know when I am talking
seriously. :o)

I also voice them because "everyone should be forced to develop in an
IDE" is not a helpful either (and so, I make my point in this way by
countering with the extreme opposite).  It's all about freedom of
choice, and if you impose restrictions on people (removing makefiles)
because another option provides convenience (IDEs) regardless of the
freedom to use that tool, well, err... yeah...

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';