Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 11:43:44 PDT 2013

On 9/1/13, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> You mean dynamically loading DLL's, and finding/hooking up the symbols
> manually?

You can use an import library (implicit linking) that's creatable with
the implib tool rather then having to load each symbol by hand
(explicit linking) via GetProcAddress. Personally I'd be scared to try
and link /static/ libraries on Win64, since DMD-64 is relatively new
and likely has bugs unique to it.

> Or enforce that the devs actually experience the end-user experience. Then
> they'll know what the problems actually are, have a realistic perspective
> of their productivity impact, and might take them more seriously.

But you can't force devs to hack on other people's IDE projects if
they're not interested in IDEs. (especially if the IDEs are written
in, say, C#, or are a complex C++ monster, or just have a lousy
codebase).

If some IDEs don't work as advertised, why not file complaints to the
developers of those IDEs?

> None of the others could be bothered creating yet-another-webpage-account to log bugs
> they encountered. I suggested they do so a few times. I was promptly ignored.
> It's just that manually logging in to non-ajax websites is so last decade. People are
> growing very weary of creating and managing accounts on every website they visit.

Lazyness is abound these days. :) I don't know what ajax has to do
with it though. (web is not my thing)

I do like how stackoverflow allows you to log-in with a single click
(e.g. using a Google account or something else), if bugzilla allowed
this it would be neat.

Alternatively maybe we should allow unregistered user bug reports, but
use a captcha or something to fight spam. I don't know how doable this
is. Some other projects use this system (e.g. Tcl).