Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 11:58:17 PDT 2013

01-Sep-2013 22:44, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 9/1/2013 11:01 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> The only one I see is
>> VS110COMNTOOLS
>
> Very strange. When I click on the shortcut "Visual Studio x64 Win64..."
> to open a command prompt, it sets a veritable blizzard of environment
> variables.

Ah, that command prompt...
VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\
WindowsSdkDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\

However the said windows kit folder has tree like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\{arm,x86,amd64}

That 'win8\um' sub-folder is what must be throwing it off. It's nothing
like that in Win7 SDK.

>> There are 2 distinct things - libraries are ound in Platform SDK (or
>> rather
>> WindowsSDK these days) and version 8 differs from 7. You can download and
>> install it (any version) - it's a free download.
>> Compiler/linkers are installed to VisualStudio and are dealt with
>> separately.
>>
>> I still have this error when trying to comompile with debug info:
>>
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1101: incorrect MSPDB110.DLL version; recheck
>> installation
>> of this product
>>
>> No idea whose fault is it (DMD vs MS linker vs something in my
>> paths/env).
>
> DMD does not load any DLLs.

Okay, then it could very well be just me messing with paths/env.

OT: MS x64 compiler too could be had for free (it come with SDK I
installed not VS express)

>> + I have to redefine everything in order to compile phobos/druntime as
>> these are
>> hardcoded to VS10 (again !) thus I don't usually test/build x64
>> Phobos. It's far
>> less hassle for me to keep around x64 Linux virtual box for testing.
>
> When I compile phobos, for example, I use the following makefile (named
> "makefile"). It is very handy for resetting the environment variables
> used by win32.mak.

> # Makefile to build D runtime library phobos.lib for Win32
> # Designed to work with \dm\bin\make.exe

Thanks! I could borrow that.
With that said I don't quite like Makefiles at all.

--
Dmitry Olshansky