Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 20:02:47 PDT 2013

On 2 September 2013 03:46, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/2013 7:02 AM, Manu wrote:
>
>> I know Walter does care about the DMD-Win64 debuginfo quality, but I
>> don't think
>> the debuginfo output is capable of addressing all the problems alone.
>>

> I (and others like Rainer who help a lot with Win64 support) also cannot
> do a thing without targeted bugzilla reports.

How do you feel about using the DMD-Win64 + Visual-D suite as a dev
environment when working on druntime+phobos for a while? Try debugging some
issues using the VS debugger...
I've suggested that devs need to understand the end-user experience. I
think you'd reveal a lot of the really trivial issues (that are non-trivial
in aggregate) very quickly.

I'll continue to log bugs as I find them, I didn't this weekend because
when finding a bug, I then need to spend the time to boil down a minimal
repro case, and we were working against the clock >_<