Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 20:07:53 PDT 2013

On 2 September 2013 03:48, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/2013 6:55 AM, Manu wrote:
>
>> Sometimes...
>> Have you worked with it on a daily basis? It just doesn't work all the
>> time.
>> Also, in my experience the auto-complete suggestions are often either
>> incomplete, or list heaps of completely unrelated stuff.
>> I'm not saying it's bad, it's better than nothing and I really appreciate
>> the
>> project (I've said before, if it weren't for Rainer's effort, I simply
>> wouldn't
>> use D), but it certainly needs more work, especially if I'm going to have
>> any
>> traction selling it to others with no vested interest in the language.
>>

> I really appreciate your efforts here.
>
> What Rainer needs is, I assume, the same things I need. Very specific
> lists of what went wrong.

Yup, but there's so many bugs in his bug tracker. It seems clear to me he
needs help.
I talked with him a lot at DConf. As I understand it, most of the problems
are because both his and Alexander Bothe's semantic analyser's just aren't
as good as the D front end.

This comes back to my point about it being a separate satelite project. I
wonder if it might help with visibility of these problems if it were
included in the central github organisation, and bugs present in the main
bug tracker that everyone can see and looks at regularly.