Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Sun Sep 1 20:56:28 PDT 2013

Sorry, if I sound somewhat p*ssed but that's what I just am after
wasting half a day with weird catch-me with D.

Following a friendly advice given to me today I compiled (DMD on
linux) with the -gc switch (rather than simply -g) and ...
debugging is still useless. GDB doesn't grok it.

Being somewhat desperate but still good-willing (or stubborn?) I
want to try GDC. After all the gnu backend is supposed to
properly feed the gnu debugger, right.

This must be A JOKE!

I have to clone from github (which I don't like but OK ...) then
I have to f*cking compile gcc!!!! After that I will be allowed to
compile GDC. Great. How about compiling a whole bloody OS before
finally having a D compiler that kind of works?
And, of course (if the GDC wiki doesn't lie) it'll be version
2.062 which probably opens another can of problems ...

But again, I'm good-willing and so I do what I really, really
HATE. But for D I do it: I install a windoze VM and install the
Windoze version. Following the instructions I learn, I'll have to
download 2 Visual Blah related thingies. Of course I'll have to
register first with Microsoft.

Excuse me, but when some Gambas or FreePascal hobby guys can do
*considerably better* (and accordingly have quite many loyal and
happily coding followers), shouldn't it strike us boldly that
something is going terribly wrong on the practical and useability
side of D?!