Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 21:26:02 PDT 2013

On 2 September 2013 06:02, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/2013 11:01 AM, Peter Alexander wrote:
>
>> Thank you for sharing this experience Manu, I had no idea there were so
>> many
>> issues with D on windows. I primarily use OSX without problems, but have
>> also
>> used it on windows for small projects, but I haven't experienced the
>> issues you
>> describe.
>>
>> Can I just say to some of the others in this thread: comments along the
>> lines of
>> "use vim" or "use a free os" are not helpful. These are legitimate users
>> and
>> their issues are legitimate also, whether you agree with their choice of
>> environment or not.
>>

> Yes, I agree.

Might I suggest one step further to you Walter, that it might be
worth-while for you to take an interest personally into Visual-D, and maybe
Mago. Since you're probably the primary Windows contributor?
Perhaps try and work with these tools on a daily basis for a while.
Especially try some intensive debugging sessions under Visual-D/VS.
You might find that it may short-circuit a lot of micro-bug reports in the
debugging experience.