End user experience with D

Ludovit Lucenic llucenic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 06:36:11 PDT 2013

On Monday, 2 September 2013 at 12:29:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-09-01 22:47, Ludovit Lucenic wrote:
>
>>  1) only D1 version of majority of D code I could use, phobos
>> vs. tango
>> incompatibility, ... (valid for January 2013)
>
> Tango for D2 is available here
>
> https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2
>
> It can be used side-by-side with Phobos without any problems. I
> use it like that.

Jacob,

finally I did find this version of Tango. I have described here
the whole process and it was not easy and straightforward for me
at that time to figure out that Tango-D2 is the way to go. I
pointed out all the obstacles, from the beginning on. Actually,
the Tango-D2 library was the most problem-free part for my
project so far, although not without any problems :-) But these
were more or less language specific, so that I needed to adapt
some code based on the changed DMD compiler in the meanwhile or
so.

Kind regards,
Ludovit