End user experience with D

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Sep 2 06:40:48 PDT 2013

On Monday, 2 September 2013 at 13:30:38 UTC, Ludovit Lucenic
wrote:
>> Same question applies to vibe.d - I have been working on it
>> quite intensively somewhere around Jan/Feb 2013 and am
>> extremely surprised to hear any issues of that kind have
>> existed. Most frustrating type of a problem is the one that
>> never gets reported upstream.
>
> The words I chose were rather confusing. I am sorry for that. I
> meant that vibe.d offered me something I could not really use
> because I was looking for something else. I wanted a standalone
> server that would offer some kind of 'servlet' configuration
> and I wanted to generate the output page on my very own. I
> found that vibe.d offers some kind of "template processing"
> engine and that really has not fit my need.
> Thank you for your comment and once again, sorry for that
> confusion.

Oh, for a moment I thought you had issues with vibe.d not
supporting latest dmd version.

Anyway, if you have contacted devs you may have been pleasantly
surprised :) For example, template processing engine your are
speaking about (Diet) is an additional feature and not required
at all. You can have request handlers that generate HTTP bodies
manually and even have request handlers that render raw TCP.

And even if something wasn't supported, asking about it have had
a good chance to make it implemented pretty fast :)

You're welcome.