Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:15:22 PDT 2013

On 2 September 2013 23:50, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 9/2/13, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But I still barely see this as an inconvenience when compared to not
> being
> > able to read a class definition.
>
> How about not being able to read the include paths in VS? I'm talking
> about this:
>
> http://i.stack.imgur.com/0cTZG.png
>
> You can view 2 lines at a time. After almost 20 years they still
> haven't fixed this. Where is their core dev team that should make the
> IDE experience great?

Classic. Or the one where the find window gets wider and wider every time
you open it, until it's bigger than the screen...

Contrary to how it may seem, I don't actually love Visual Studio as hard as
you may think. I'd love for MonoDevelop perhaps to supersede it... but it's
just not there yet. Not by a long shot.
MS are doing their best to ruin VS with every revision. Myself and most VS
users I know tend to only update maybe 5 years after new releases, when
they're forced to because someone pulled support for older versions.

For me, I absolutely will not work without a symbolic debugger, and the VS
experience is basically unparalleled there. It's also industry standard, so
whether I like it or not, that's what I use, and I've adapted over many
years.