Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Sep 2 13:25:49 PDT 2013

On 9/2/2013 8:06 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> For real. Just imagine that most countries are as bad as Australia, but not
> English speaking, and you get the idea. I experienced France and Denmark, and
> both are worst (Netherland seems better).

Well, here we don't get Danish TV shows, either, in any manner.

And I find it baffling as to why. They're just leaving easy money on the table
by not doing it. Ditto for the TV shows from every other country. Wouldn't it be
great if in Seattle you could tune into the Moscow Evening News, or the Rwanda
TV station? Why the heck not?

Recently, PBS started a Roku channel where they show PBS shows for free. I
eagerly signed up for it, and was very disappointed that there's only a handful
of shows on it. Even worse, when they add a new show, they expire an older one.

Fer gawd's sake, why not put their entire freakin' back catalog on it?

For example, there's a "sampling" of a few of Julia Childs' shows from the 60's.
Why not put them all on?