Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Tue Sep 3 00:04:20 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 1 September 2013 at 02:05:51 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Debugging:

Well, yes, for premium debugging support, you should probably use
C#. Did C++ get to that level, I wonder?

> One more thing:
> I'll just pick one language complaint from the weekend.
> It is how quickly classes became disorganised and difficult to
> navigate
> (like Java and C#).
> We all wanted to ability to define class member functions
> outside the class
> definition:
>   class MyClass
>   {
>     void method();
>   }
>
>   void MyClass.method()
>   {
>     //...
>   }
>
> It definitely cost us time simply trying to understand the
> class layout
> visually (ie, when IDE support is barely available).
> You don't need to see the function bodies in the class
> definition, you want
> to quickly see what a class has and does.

Does C# solves this problem for you? This is what the members
combobox is for, I guess: a clear list of members.

On Sunday, 1 September 2013 at 13:19:54 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Hmmm, I found details on the net that recommended adding an
> [Environment64]
> section, which we did.
>
> I don't seem to have VCINSTALLDIR or WindowsSdkDir variables on
> my system
> :/ .. that said, VC obviously works on my machine.
> It also seems potentially problematic that a variable would
> define a single
> install directory, since it's pretty common that programmers
> have multiple
> versions of VS on their machines.

VS provides shortcuts to the environment setup scripts in the
start menu, which sets up the environment variables. That's how
it works for C, and it works the same for everything, which uses
C.