Move dsource WindowsAPI to github?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 06:40:55 PDT 2013

It seems development is still held at dsource:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/WindowsApi

Recent changesets:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/timeline?from=09%2F03%2F13&daysback=90&wiki=on&changeset=on&milestone=on&ticket=on&update=Update

I've used a personal mirror here so I can clone or use it as a submodule:
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/WindowsAPI

After a while I started adding my own commits because of some nasty
code breakage, but that means my repo is not in sync with the dsource
version.

Worst of all, people seem to think I'm the author of WindowsAPI, and
now someone even made a pull adding Dub suport:
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/WindowsAPI/pull/2

So I suggest the dsource WinAPI team to move to Github (or maybe some
other more visible hosting service like Bitbucket).

That way people can use submodules, and they can also use Dub if the
dev team adds this support. Most importantly we'll have a single
source of the bindings, rather than have a dozen personal clones
scattered around github (I'm not the only one with a publicly hosted
WinAPI clone, I've noticed there are others as well).

Meanwhile I'll delete my clone from github, as people are confused and
think it's an official repository. I'd use a private repo to begin
with, but there's no free private repos on github (yeah Bitbucket has
them but I'm not fond of hosting my projects on 10 different places).