Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Tue Sep 3 09:33:54 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 3 September 2013 at 15:45:48 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 September 2013 at 15:34:31 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>>
>>> Asserting people are zealot without actually providing any
>>> reason why make you sound like a zealot.
>>
>> I suggest you read the thread if you need a reason, it's
>> pretty obvious.
>
> Thinking something is obvious so doesn't need to be
> demonstrated is another common traits amongst zealots.

Sure, but I did provide demonstration, that thread.  The OSS
zealots repeatedly make arguments that are wrong, irrelevant, and
worst, just completely out of left field.  This is a common
pathology when you have decided on your conclusion and are
arguing backwards from it: your arguments don't make any sense
and come out of left field.

They have decided that open source is good and closed source is
bad, just like the global warming zealots, and will make silly
arguments to try and justify that, even to someone like me who is
trying to carve out a place for open source.  You may agree with
their conclusion and therefore defend their arguments, but any
impartial observer wouldn't.