End user experience with D

Ludovit Lucenic llucenic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:18:41 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 3 September 2013 at 16:12:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 9/2/13 7:00 AM, Ludovit Lucenic wrote:
>> I found only today, that there is something like
>> http://code.dlang.org !
>> Looks perfect, why have not I come accross this site already ?
>> Well,
>> that's the question.
>
> I wanted to make sure it's stable before we announce it more
> broadly. Maybe that time has come.
>
> Andrei

Andrei,
:-D sometimes I have troubles being not too patient...

It's just pity there's so much valuable D stuff all over the
place, but not a single go-to-point to find out. I would
recommend elaborated concepts, alphas, betas, release candidates,
everything be on the Wiki (with the status declared loudly, of
course). It might help people to join efforts from the very
beginning of their respective projects, not for example three or
four half-working web servers ;-) Actually this is a point I
decribed in this thread. New people just have to overcome huge
'uncertainty' to become daptized so to speak (a word play on
baptized by D).

Regards,
Ludovit

p.s. folks, have you ever noticed the :-D smiley having two
beautiful connotations in the context of D community ;-)