obsolete D libraries/modules

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:36:35 PDT 2013

03-Sep-2013 18:44, Andrei Alexandrescu пишет:
> On 9/2/13 9:58 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> Last time I tried (about a year or so ago) I was frustrated with how
>> rigid and strange it was.
>> In the end I just rolled back to some hacks like to!int(args[1]) and so
>> on. At least that was under my control.
>
> std.getopt implements simple and widely used command-line options. If
> you used to!int(args[1]) that's not an option, it's a straight argument
> that getopt will let pass through unchanged.

Well that bit about to!int(args[1]) was somewhat tongue in cheek, I
can't recall the details now anyway.

To sum up my experience I tried to for a few hours, it didn't quite work
the way I wanted (nor I've found a way to tweak it through) so I dropped
it.

Looking at it now I think the key feature missing is automatic
generation of the summary of switches. std.getopt loses a lot of charm
by not automating this part of the job (maintained by hand the summary
would get out of sync sooner or later).

--
Dmitry Olshansky