[OT]: Memory & Performance

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Sep 3 13:29:30 PDT 2013

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 20:58:32 +0200
"monarch_dodra" <monarchdodra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today, if your computer has an SSD, and at least the 4 gigs of
> memory, then it is basically fast enough to do mostly anything
> that's not 3D, or massive number grinding. It will allow flying
> through files, coding, surfing with tons of tabs etc...

I'm on a 4GB machine with no SSD (and much less than i7, only a
mobile 2-core) and I find it to be plenty fast for anything non-3D. Not
saying that an SSD (and i7) wouldn't be even better (and much hotter in
the case of i7), I'm sure SSD et al would be a noticeable improvement,
but FWIW I haven't had performance problems.

But I tend to avoid resource-hogging programs, so YMMV.

[1] My brother has an i7 Macbook - you could almost cook food on the
underside of that thing!