[OT]: Memory & Performance

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Sep 3 22:03:45 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 18:15:50 Chris wrote:
> If you had the choice between:
>
> - 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 1 X 4 GB
> - 8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 4GB ( + $49.00 )
>
> Is it worth the extra money or is the increase in performance not
> worth mentioning? Any experience with that.
>
> The processor
>
> 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor ( 2.4 GHz 6MB L3
> Cache - 4 Cores plus Hyperthreading )

Only $49 difference? I'd definitely go for the more memory. Of course, I always
go for high performance over price unless the difference is really pricey, and
I wouldn't want as little memory as 8 GB either. I always use the maximum
memory that my motherboard will support. And memory is cheap these days, so
out of all the things that you could do to improve your computer, it's not
particularly expensive. But I guess that it all depends on how mch you're
willing to spend.

- Jonathan M Davis