[OT]: Memory & Performance

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Sep 4 01:43:52 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 4 September 2013 at 05:04:00 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:

> Only $49 difference? I'd definitely go for the more memory. Of
> course, I always
> go for high performance over price unless the difference is
> really pricey, and
> I wouldn't want as little memory as 8 GB either. I always use
> the maximum
> memory that my motherboard will support. And memory is cheap
> these days, so
> out of all the things that you could do to improve your
> computer, it's not
> particularly expensive. But I guess that it all depends on how
> mch you're
> willing to spend.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

You are right of course. I prefer to spend a little bit more
money and have a better machine. I was only wondering, if there
is a real difference between the two. If there is a real
difference, I would even go for the 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
at 1600MHz - 2 X 8 GB ( + $139.00 ), but that would break the
bank. Also I wonder if I could get it cheaper somewhere else and
add it afterwards.

The SSD, yes, I'd love to have one but they are still so darn
expensive.