[OT]: Memory & Performance

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Sep 4 03:36:10 PDT 2013

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:40:41 +0200
"Chris" <wendlec at tcd.ie> wrote:

> I agree that 128-250GB
> are loads and it takes a while to run out of space, however, it
> happens faster than you think these days,

Heh, yea. Personally, I'd find 128-250GB unbearably small unless it was
in addition to a beefier secondary HDD. My current system (a laptop) is
320GB and I find that very tight. It wouldn't even be good enough
for me if I wasn't using my prior computer (a desktop) as a 2.5 TB (or
so) file server.

Maybe I'm just weird (well, I know I am ;) ), but what I lack in
processor needs I tend to make up for in storage needs.

OTOH, my server is only a few gigs HDD, and that's been fine so far.
*shrug*