d from the outside

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Wed Sep 4 13:20:42 PDT 2013

On Sep 2, 2013, at 11:58 AM, Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> What we really should do is encourage everyone to use it straight out of the zip, or use one of the platform-specific installers.

I thought this is what everyone did.  Looking at that page, I think the problem is the "to install a global copy" bit, which should just be deleted.  Installing a global copy is the same as most other apps--you generally want to symlink /usr/local/bin/dmd to where the file actually is, or instead to add the install location to your path.