Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Sep 4 22:56:36 PDT 2013

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 10:01:28 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-04 02:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
> > - OSX 10.7: Works fine. (At least it did last time I tried it, a
> > couple weeks ago. It *could* have regressed but I won't have access
> > to the machine again until maybe Sunday.)
>
> As far as I can see, dmd.conf is missing. I used the following
> command:
>
> ./create_dmd_release master
> --extras=./dmd-localextras/localextras-osx --archive-zip

They're in the built-in "extras":
<https://github.com/Abscissa/installer/tree/create-zip/create_dmd_release/extras/osx/dmd2/osx/bin>

The short answer is: "That problem only happens because
create_dmd_release isn't in the official github repo yet".

Long answer and workaround:

When create_dmd_release clones all the repos from github, everything
inside the *cloned* "installer/create_dmd_release/extras/all" and
"installer/create_dmd_release/extras/[current os]" will be
automatically added to the release (During the "package" phase, it grabs
these "extras" from the cloned "create_dmd_release" *instead* of from
the copy of "create_dmd_release" being run so the "extras" files can be
different for different releases of DMD).

But since create_dmd_release, and the attached "extras", hasn't yet
been merged into the official "D-Programming-Language/installer" repo,
you're missing that "extras" directory, including the dmd.conf files.
When create_dmd_release is all official and merged in, that won't be
an issue. But until then, you have to stop the process after it clones
everything, manually copy the "create_dmd_release/extras" directory to
"[temp]/.create_dmd_release/installer/create_dmd_release/extras" and
then re-run create_dmd_release with the --skip-clone flag.

Or better yet, instead of halting create_dmd_release, copying
"extras", and re-runnnig with --skip-clone (which is kind of a pain),
you could just copy the contents of both
"installer/create_dmd_release/extras/all" and
"installer/create_dmd_release/extras/[current os]" into your
"localextras-[current os]". That will work too. But again, this work
around is *only* needed because create_dmd_release isn't in the
official github repo yet.

I *could* add an option to specify an alternate repo to clone, but I'm
not sure it's worth it since it would become useless as soon as this
gets merged.