Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 5 00:45:47 PDT 2013

On 05/09/13 07:25, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:01:32 -0700
> "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 05:55:41PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>>
>>> It turns out I was missing "ia32-libs", however I just installed it
>>> an I'm still getting "cannot find -lcurl" (or something like that)
>>> from the linker. "gcc-multilib" is already installed, and again,
>>> 32-bit stuff that doesn't use libcurl works fine.
>>
>> Did you install libcurl*-dev? Debian lib packages generally only
>> include runtime .so's; to get compile-time stuff you need the
>> corresponding -dev packages.
>>

> Yea, I had already installed libcurl4-openssl-dev. I even removed it
> and reinstalled it after installing "ia32-libs". But still no dice.

You need to install the 32-bit version of "libcurl4-openssl-dev", but due to dependencies this will force to replace "pkg-config:amd64" by "pkg-config:i386", because cannot have both 32-bit and 64-bit installed at same time.

The easiest way to do it is just create a symlink to the already installed shared curl library.

With "libcurl3:i386" installed, you can try this:

$ sudo ln -s libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so

--
Jordi Sayol