Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Sep 5 07:57:10 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 01:25:21AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:01:32 -0700
> "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 05:55:41PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > >
> > > It turns out I was missing "ia32-libs", however I just installed
> > > it an I'm still getting "cannot find -lcurl" (or something like
> > > that) from the linker. "gcc-multilib" is already installed, and
> > > again, 32-bit stuff that doesn't use libcurl works fine.
> >
> > Did you install libcurl*-dev? Debian lib packages generally only
> > include runtime .so's; to get compile-time stuff you need the
> > corresponding -dev packages.
> >

> Yea, I had already installed libcurl4-openssl-dev. I even removed it
> and reinstalled it after installing "ia32-libs". But still no dice.

Oh wait, you're complaining about 32-bit support, aren't you? You'll
need to:

	dpkg --add-architecture i386
	apt-get update
	apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386

Under Debian multiarch, packages for different architectures are
installed separately, so you have to explicitly install the same package
for both architectures if you need it for both.

People say I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure about that. -- YHL, CONLANG