Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Sep 5 13:02:30 PDT 2013

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 13:36:09 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-04 13:16, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
> > In an attempt to keep the platform differences as minimal as
> > possible, I have it set up to automatically download and use
> > Info-ZIP and 7zip on Windows, the same programs typically used on
> > Posix. Unfortunately, these did not appear to handle symlinks
> > correctly. Anyone know of one I could use that does?
>
> Why don't you use std.zip? Although I don't know if that handles
> symlinks.

Judging by the doc page for that, it seems like 1. it's not quite as
mature as Info-ZIP, and 2. It doesn't actually read/write files
directly, just does the in-memory part. Naturally, I could still use it
and use std.file for the i/o, but I'm not sure it would be worth the
bother for this.

It may very well be worth attempting later though.