Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Sep 5 13:07:30 PDT 2013

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:56:25 +0200
"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 4 September 2013 at 00:53:14 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
> wrote:
>
> > - FreeBSD 9.1 (64-bit OS): No idea, I don't have access to a
> > 64-bit
> >   FreeBSD machine, and my stupid Intel CPU lacks the ability to
> > run a
> >   64-bit OS in a VM.
>
> It tried the tool on FreeBSD (PC-BSD) 64bit. I got this error:
>
> Building Tools 64-bit
> std.md5 is scheduled for deprecation. Please use std.digest.md
> instead
> gmake: *** No rule to make target
> `../dlang.org/web/expression.html', needed by `expression.tag'.
> Stop.
> create_dmd_release: Error: Command failed (ran from dir
> '/tmp/.create_dmd_release/tools'): gmake MODEL=64 dman
> DMD=../dmd/src/dmd DOC=../dlang.org/web
> PHOBOSDOC=../dlang.org/web/phobos -f posix.mak > /dev/null
>
> I don't know if it's me that did something wrong or if it's your
> tool. I had to disable the 32bit builds.

One of the tools (dman, IIRC) requires the docs to be built, and since
the docs are independent of 32/64-bit, they're built during the 32-bit
pass (which you skipped).

I've decided I'm going to add proper support for 32-bit-only and
64-bit-only via optional cmdline flags. That should make a lot of
things easier and help mitigate difficulties with multilib.